A screened porch can be one of the most amazing additions to any home, yet it doesn’t receive the credit it deserves for the value it adds to a house.
- Designing Your Screen Porch:
When it comes to screen porches, the sky’s the limit in terms of design. There are countless ways to customize your porch to match the style of your home and personal preferences. To get started, consider the following screen porch ideas:
- Size and shape: Screen porches can be any size or shape, from a small nook off the side of your home to a large, wraparound porch.
- Location: Porches can be located on the front, back, or side of your home.
- Roof: Porches can have a variety of roofs, from a simple awning to a more elaborate gabled or hip roof.
- Flooring: Porches can be outfitted with any type of flooring, from traditional wood planks to more modern composite decking.
- Windows and doors: Window and door choices will impact both the look and function of your screen porch. Sliding glass doors are a popular option, as they provide easy access to the outdoors.
- Adding a Screen Porch to Your Home:
If you’re thinking about adding a screen porch to your home, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll need to decide if you want to build a new porch from scratch or enclose an existing porch with screens.
If you’re starting from scratch, you’ll need to factor in the cost of materials and labor. Screen porches can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, aluminum, and vinyl.
If you’re enclosing an existing porch, the cost will be lower, as you won’t need to build a new structure. However, you will need to factor in the cost of screens and other materials.
- Screen Porch Plans and blueprints:
Once you’ve decided to add screen enclosures in Ashland, VA to your home, the next step is to develop a plan. This will help you determine the size, shape, and location of your porch.
If you’re working with a contractor, they will likely have a standard set of plans that you can choose from. If you’re DIYing the project, you can find a variety of plans online or at your local home improvement store.